We are always on the look out for people to join our team:
Based in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, the team produces a wide range of content, including: news, blogs, feature articles, whitepapers, infographic, Q&As, interviews and reviews for customers in a wide range of different industries.
We are looking for graduates from a media or current affairs-skewed background with online writing experience. An interest in technology or experience of technical writing is preferred.
Attention to detail, excellent writing ability, good organisation and strong grammar skills are vital to the role, as is the ability to quickly become familiarised with new concepts.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing the latest news stories
- Producing quality, tailored content to tight deadlines
- Building an active social media presence
- Liaising with customers to ensure content meets briefs
- Representing Red Rocket Media’s brands at industry events
- Blogging on the latest developments in content marketing
The successful candidates will join an experienced in-house team of content marketers.
Please apply in confidence to Sarah Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager
We require a Business Development Manager for the generation and development of both inbound and outbound new business opportunities across the three brands operating under the VL Digital name, Vertical Leap (SEO and PPC), Red Rocket Media (social media and content marketing) and Brightpath (creative and marketing strategy).
The successful candidate will be consummate and credible sales professional selling sophisticated on-line marketing services to Marketing Directors and Managing Directors.
The role is focussed purely on new business and is suited to people who are ‘sales hungry’ and who can exploit their exceptional sales skills with effective and successful results.
- Reporting to: Sales Director
- External relationships: SME clients to director level on both marketing and technical teams
- Internal relationships: Senior Management, Account Management team, Delivery teams, Marketing, Finance and Administration
- Salary: competitive plus uncapped commission
- Hours: 40 per week
- Location: Portsmouth or London
Main duties of the post:
- You will develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for VL Digital to an agreed monthly target of invoiced revenue
- Presenting the three brands to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the delivery management team
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored
- You will have individual responsibility for new business, and are expected to self-manage, however, you will be part of a growing team of people with the same job title. Support is available by the sales director for complex large pitches and strategies
- As a representative of VL Digital at industry events and tradeshows, your professional manner and polished appearance will aid your intention of gaining new business leads and contacts
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current our in house CRM software
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following our procedures
- A thorough understanding of clients marketing objectives including their Return On Investment (ROI) objectives
- Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner
- You will effectively interact with other departments including the account management and technical team when handing over campaigns ensuring you fully and correctly brief in all aspects of the sale.
Please apply in confidence to Matt Hopkins at email@example.com